Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Screw College, Television Are My Scholarly Sources

Sex And The City, learned how a woman should act in the boudoir. Flavor Of Love, learned the characteristics of an African American woman. MADE, learned that the word loin DID NOT MEAN MY SOUL, but is defined as ones pubic area! 
Hopefully everyone knows the premiss of the reality show MADE. I'll try to explain it in a single sentence. I mean run-on sentences to me are like a stripper performing a lap dance. It's our thing, it's what we we’re born to do. 
Made is a reality show on M.T.V where a teenager wants to be seen as something other then the persona they are portraying and they receive a coach/mentor and then the show begins with the teenager saying,.. "That why I want to be made into.....” 
In the episode where I first heard the word loin being used, a jockey boy was being made into a figure skating. When his coach asked him if he could handle the figure skating moves, the jockey boy replied "Of course I can. I feel it in my loins." None dyslexics can I please get a little encouragement up in here. If someone didn't know the word loins and heard it for the first time in this sentence wouldn't you think he was talking about his soul too? 
You might be wondering how I learned the right definition for loin. Don't get excited and think I actually took the time to look the word up in the dictionary. I would have to have a dictionary IVed into me for the amount of words I have to look up. 
During my math class in high school my indian teacher asked me if I  was understanding the material. 
I replied by saying, "I feel it in my Lions, Nagubandi." Yes, that is his name. He made me look up in the dictionary what lions meant.  Let me just give a little background about this teacher. He had a twitching problem, but thought he covered it up by pretending to yawn. He also called his students monkeys and calculates were called children. He wanted us to refer to him as GOD. See there’re weirder people out there then me.  Only I would miss phrase a sexually word to the most prude teacher. 
Even though my roommate who is a writing literature and publishing major, told me the right spelling of loins I kept questioning the spelling thinking it was too similar to lions. Why spelling gods do you make words spell and sound so similar. It's a laugh for you, but a struggle for me. Wow, that was deep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment