Friday, March 30, 2012

If I Could Only Say One Sentence In My Life It Would Be...How Do You Spell This Word?

When I have trouble pronouncing certain words, I have this amazing ability of sounding like I am either speaking French, Korean or Pig Latin. Recently I have been trying to pronounce a certain word, which I don't even know if it’s an actually word or not, but it starts with a B and well...that’s all the clues I have so far. When I pronounce this mysterious word it almost sounds like I am trying to say Bonjour, but the word I am thinking about is another word for over the top. Although I am dyslexic, I'm capable of knowing Bonjour, means hello in French. Unlike my mother, who walked in a store in Paris and said, Hola, in her heavy Long Island Jewish accent. Please forgive her, she is a part of the dyslexic cult. Don't worry she wouldn't mind me posting about her dyslexia because everyday she tells me "Tori, you stand up in front of the room and say 'I am Dyslexic and I am proud.'"
 You know those people who start to sing a song and then forget the rest of the lyrics so they mumble the tone of the song under their breath? But, when I, sing a song and forget the rest of the lyrics, instead of just mumbling under my breath, I continuing singing in the same tempo, but in a Korean Pop Star voice that you would probably hear in the game Dance Dance Revolution. 
The one person I can always count on to understand my dyslexic/gibberish pronunciation is my sister. Sister, Sister, never knew how much I needed her, until I went to college and didn't have a spell-spell-spell, check-er. If the lyrics don't match the tempo of the original Sister, Sister theme song please forgive me. I mean there are bigger problems in my post that you can be critical towards. My sister and I would be the perfect contestants for the password game. We have been training since the day I was born. All the time she had to help me remember my middle name was Elaine, E, like Elephant.  I used to think my middle name was Malorie, which was actually her middle name. There isn't another person out there who I could call up and ask, What are those dark, creepy characters that were in the movie Hunchback of Notre-Dame and she would responded in a simple tone, you mean gargoyles. I feel like if my sister knew the moment her child would come  whom that it was going to be dyslexic, she would probably say, "Oh hell no, I ain't dealing with this again.", while shoving it up back in her hoot. For those of you who know my sister, she would never actually say those lines because one, she is the nicest person and two this sentences is so improper that she might throw up from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment